Commercial Foreclosure Lawyers Representing Lenders in Raleigh, New Bern and Morehead City, NC since 1983
Protecting creditors’ rights in litigation over distressed commercial property
Since 1983, Howard Stallings has represented creditors and lenders whose commercial borrowers span many diverse industries. Circumstances often force lenders to make difficult decisions about when to intervene and what remedies to pursue to ensure they don’t bear the brunt of a business failure. For more than 30 years, our attorneys have represented lenders in commercial foreclosure actions. The capital at stake is generally very high, and the financial instruments, quite complex. Our goal is not necessarily to foreclose or force a creditor into bankruptcy, but to help the lender manage the crisis and emerge strong. We work diligently and meticulously to help our clients recover funds through numerous methods, including:
- Collections of arrears
- Repossessions of equipment
- Foreclosures of commercial property
- Deficiency judgments
- Loan workouts and refinancing
- Short sales or deeds in lieu of foreclosure
Experienced advocates for lender interests throughout North Carolina
At Howard, Stallings, From, Atkins, Angell & Davis, P.A. protecting lenders’ interests is a large part of our practice. We represent community, state and national banks, as well as other lending institutions. Several of our talented attorneys have focused their careers on the law of debtors and creditors, gaining distinction for the fine service they’ve provided:
- The firm’s managing shareholder, Cader Howard, has extensive experience in commercial real property transactions, including financing, leasing and development. Cader represents banks and other institutional lenders.
- B. Joan Davis, one of the firm’s primary litigators, focuses on complex commercial and real estate litigation and has a wide range of experience in federal district court, federal bankruptcy court and various state courts.
- Jim Angell is a Business Bankruptcy Specialist certified by the North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization and by the American Board of Certification. Jim is also a Certified Public Accountant in the state of North Carolina.
- Nicholas C. Brown primarily represents secured and unsecured creditors in Chapters 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases. Named as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” Nick is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy issues.
- Brooke Dalrymple concentrates her practice in commercial loan structuring and workouts and liquidation of collateral.
Obtain reliable counsel on commercial foreclosures in North Carolina from experienced lawyers
Howard Stallings provides professional, trustworthy guidance for clients considering commercial foreclosure actions within North Carolina. To discuss your case with a highly qualified attorney in Raleigh, New Bern or Morehead City, call 919-821-7700 or contact us online. Free parking is available at our offices.