Robert Jessup (“Robby”) is an owner of the firm and a civil trial lawyer, who handles wrongful death, child sexual abuse, serious injury, and insurance claim cases.
He has been inducted as a Lifetime Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for winning numerous multi-million dollar recoveries, and he has been repeatedly named to the Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers.
Robby has had more than a dozen cases covered in the national news, and he has tried several jury trials on television.
Robby received his BA cum laude (Journalism & Religious Studies) and his Juris Doctor cum laude from UNC-Chapel Hill.
Robby is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, all Federal District Courts within the State of North Carolina, and all North Carolina State Courts (including the North Carolina Court of Appeals & Supreme Court).
Robby is a native of Greenville, North Carolina, and he is an active member of North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ), an association of legal professionals working to protect people’s rights through education and advocacy.
NCAJ has awarded Robby with the Order of Service Award for his participation and contributions on its boards. Among other professional activities, Robby has served as regional coordinator for several high school mock trial competitions and serves as Verdicts & Settlements Editor of the magazine Trial Briefs.
As a Certified Superior Court Mediator by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission, upon request, Robby sometimes serves as a third-party neutral in mediations.
*past results do not guarantee future performance
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with honors, 2011
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with honors, 2008
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court – Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court – Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court – Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- All North Carolina Superior & District Courts
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- American Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- Certified Superior Court Mediator by the N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 by The National Trial Lawyers
- Top Attorney (Wrongful Death) by AVVO
- 10/10 AVVO Rating