In Brooke’s experience as an attorney, she has had the opportunity to work with a variety of clients including privately-owned companies, national and community banks, and individuals. Brooke’s practice involves commercial real estate, general business law, and commercial loan structuring and workouts. Whether assisting a business client with all aspects of purchasing or selling commercial real estate, or counseling an individual on the formation of a new business entity, she prides herself on frequent communication, close attention to details, and effective and efficient representation in the matters at hand. Brooke’s clients look to her as a partner to their businesses, and they appreciate that she takes the time to learn about their challenges and goals in achieving business success.
- Assisting businesses with commercial real estate and other closings
- Negotiating and drafting commercial lease agreements for landlords and tenants
- Working with business owners on the formation of their companies and beyond
- Representing banks on commercial loan structuring and workouts
Brooke was admitted to the North Carolina State Bar in 2007. She is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the Wake County Bar Association, and the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys. Additionally, she has presented on the power of sale foreclosure process at the North Carolina Bar Association Real Property Section Annual Meeting.
Brooke has served on the board of Oak City Soccer, a non-profit group providing soccer instruction to children on the autism spectrum and with other processing challenges, and was the charter president of the Young Professionals Civitan of Raleigh group.
While attending law school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Brooke was Notes and Comments Editor for the North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation, participated in the Juvenile Justice Clinic, and won the Gressman-Pollit award for appellate advocacy.
- Served as local counsel in $57.3 million acquisition of a multifamily apartment complex.
- Represented lender in restructuring banking relationship involving over sixty loans and numerous forms of collateral, allowing the lender to successfully upgrade the majority of the loans in the relationship.
- Represented national bank in complex settlement and liquidation involving over $7 million worth of equipment collateral and multiple commercial and residential properties.
Brooke earned her J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2007 and her B.A. from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida in 2004.
- Super Lawyer (2018, 2020)
- Business North Carolina Rising Star 2019