Linda Baugher Malone maintains a transactional practice, primarily focusing on estate planning, estate administration, taxation, and general business. In addition to essential estate document preparation, Linda engages in complex estate planning, utilizing trusts and other vehicles to address business succession, tax concerns, Medicaid planning and family dynamics. Linda also represents business clients, providing full-service support through the entire business lifecycle – from formation through mergers, acquisitions, or dissolutions. Additionally, she offers tax planning and representation services to both individuals and businesses, as well as trademark representation before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition to being an attorney, Linda is also a licensed North Carolina Certified Public Accountant. She is a member of the 2014 Class of the Leadership Alamance and has held offices with the Tax Council of the North Carolina Bar Association, the Greensboro Bar Associations, United Way of Alamance County, and Wake Forest University School of Law Rose Council. Linda enjoys presenting informational sessions to local groups on various topics related to estate planning and administration.
- Created and implemented an estate plan that, through the use of trusts and gifting, allowed a client to avoid upwards of $2M in potential estate taxes by passing considerable interests in a family business to the next generation during their lifetime.
- Worked with a small business owner to develop an estate plan that passed the ongoing business entirely to the child involved in the business, while adequately providing for their remaining children.
- Planned for her client’s eventual use of Medicaid to pay for long-term care, while ensuring that the family farm would be preserved.
Education and Membership
A 2004 graduate from Wake Forest University, Linda earned her B.S. in Analytical Finance and M.S.A. in Accountancy. She continued at Wake Forest University to gain her J.D. in 2007, receiving accolades that include recognition for highest grades in class for Taxation: Partnership; Taxation: International Tax; and Taxation: Federal Estate and Gift. Linda is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and is also a licensed North Carolina CPA.
- 2019 Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, Estate Planning and Probate
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent Rating
- A lifetime member of American MENSA
- Member of the Leadership Alamance Class of 2014