With a focus on complex business and commercial property transactions, Beth has over thirty years of experience in handling a wide range of business matters. Her mergers and acquisitions experience includes companies of all sizes, from local small business transactions, to mergers of private companies into large international public companies. She establishes long term relationships with business clients from formation to dissolution, and in handling their varied organizational and contract matters and business financing arrangements.
Her business lending experience includes representation of both lenders and borrowers. The mix of business representation with commercial loan practice has resulted in her handling all types of financing, from asset based, real estate, and construction lending for large projects, to lending syndicates and mezzanine financing. Beth’s practice also includes varied commercial property transactions, and involves both developers and investors, as well as matters ranging from commercial leases to subdivision and condominium development covenants. Although she often handles single transactions for clients, many have come to appreciate her not just as counsel for specific events, but as a trusted advisor for their businesses.
- Served as counsel for private tech company, Expion, LLC, in complex equity sale to Sysomos, LP, a Canadian limited partnership involving establishment of Canadian ULC for ownership of partnership unit consideration.
- Experienced in closing acquisitions/sales of various professional practices including dental, veterinarian, medical and engineering; as well as initial organization of same.
- Has assisted borrowers with asset based lending from lending syndicates in amounts up to $190,000,000.
- Represented developers in purchase of property from a bankruptcy estate, obtaining a zoning ordinance language change to permit desired use of property, and establishment of the Bask condominium hotel in Morehead City, North Carolina, including drafting Declaration of Condominium and agreements with the management company.
- Has handled many mergers and acquisitions including overseeing complex due diligence responses and requests and integration matters in various industries and businesses of all sizes for both sellers and buyers.
- Has served as counsel for borrowers in equity and/or mezzanine financing from investment banks using private equity funds.
- Represented several domestic businesses in joint ventures with entities from other countries.
- Has assisted multiple borrowers with SBA guaranteed financing.
- Serves as one of firm’s primary contacts with MSI Global Alliance, a national and international network of legal and accounting firms. This Alliance provides the firm with valuable, competent and responsive contacts to assist our clients with matters in other states and countries when needed.
Education and Membership
Beth earned her B.S. from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1982, and her J.D. from University of Virginia School of Law in 1985. Beth is a member of North Carolina State Bar and has been admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Her professional and academic honors include: SuperLawyers North Carolina; Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite; and Phi Beta Kappa.
- Super Lawyers Business (2013-2020)
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite (2017-2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent®