For over fifteen years, Brian has made his focus assisting his clients achieve favorable resolutions to complex disputes in an efficient and cost-effective manner. He routinely handles matters related to commercial leasing, including negotiations, evictions and collections on behalf of Real Estate Investment Trusts. Brian is a resident of Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina and maintains an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubble. In his spare time, Brian enjoys running, gardening and watching his son compete in skateboarding competitions.
Brian’s experience further extends to representing and training property management companies and homeowners associations with respect to their obligations under the Planned Community Act including fiduciary duties, covenant enforcement and assessment collections.
Brian also handles employment and professional licensing matters, including defending EEOC charges, enforcing non-competition agreements, negotiating severance packages and developing personnel policies. On behalf of his clients, Brian has successfully resolved disciplinary proceedings before many North Carolina agencies including the Real Estate Commission, the Licensing Board for General Contractors and the Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
- Representative Publications and Presentations.
- Ethical Considerations in Landlord-Tenant Law, Sterling Educations Services (2013 and 2014)
- Resolving Complaints before the North Carolina Real Estate Commission, New Bern Association of Realtors (2015)
- Fair Debt Collection and the Planned Community Act, Talis Management (2016)
Educations and Memberships
- J.D., Campbell University School of Law, magna cum laude, 1999
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996
- International Council of Shopping Centers