Our well-established 16 attorney AV rated Raleigh law firm is seeking an attorney licensed in NC with expertise in bankruptcy and bankruptcy litigation with a minimum of two years’ experience. The position would be for an associate or equity position depending on the applicant.
The firm has an established bankruptcy attorney who serves as a chapter 7 panel trustee and this position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated person to cultivate a bankruptcy practice. You help us serve our clients and grow, and we help you to succeed. We have a results-oriented culture with the highest expectations for client satisfaction. Having a portable client base is a plus, but is not required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent chapter 7 trustee in contested matters and adversary proceedings;
- Assist chapter 11 debtor clients and creditors in bankruptcy court, on appeal, or before government agencies
- Collect facts and evidence, try cases and perform other litigation tasks
- Complete case preparation by preparing pleadings, discovery, legal briefs, developing strategies and necessary arguments
- Advise clients on business and legal transactions
- Negotiate settlements for legal disputes
- Assist in the handling and management of litigation, including investigating merits of claims, negotiating and resolving claims and preparing necessary resolution documents
- Conduct relevant legal research, track case law and develop legal theories
- Ensure compliance with all legal standards, applicable laws, regulations and company policies across areas of organizational responsibility
Compensation package is based on experience and related factors and include competitive benefits. We have offices in Raleigh, New Bern and Morehead City. The candidate will be work in the Raleigh office. All inquiries will be kept confidential. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
with Bankruptcy Attorney in the subject line.